Strategic Sales Plan: Why Sales Fail and How Wins are Won
Diagnostic Sales Process Steps described in 8 phases, 44 steps, and 201 action items
Amazon Top 100 Best Seller: Strategic Sales Plan: No other book provides the depth and detail of a diagnostic consultative sales process (8 phases, 44 steps 201 action items) in an easy to use bulleted and numbered format to find the patterns of missed steps that cause sales to stop, stall, or fail and to find the patterns of steps that when completed will win sales. Know before it’s too late and guide sales to predictable success.
Buy now on Amazon.com
- Validate the steps you need to do for what you sell by identifying the consequences of not doing each of them. Cross off, add, or modify steps.
- Analyze a dozen losses, and a dozen wins to find the patterns of steps missed that caused your sales to fail and the patterns of steps that were done that caused your sales to be won.
- Learn the skills you need, to do the steps that are difficult for you. Skills are in the book.
- Get the Strategic Sales Plan paperback book or ebook for detailed definitions and the actions to take to achieve each step.
Profile & Qualify the Sales Prospect
- Compare the prospect with the profile of your most desirable customers.
- Identify decision-makers.
- Identify the initial people to contact.
- Select and sequence methods of contact.
- Set call objectives.
- Make contact.
- Establish trust and rapport.
- Qualify the prospect for the current sales opportunity. GO/NO GO
Research the Prospect’s Needs
- Research prospect's products, services, and company.
- Research prospect's critical processes.
- Research prospect's business plans.
- Identify potential for your other products and services.
Conduct the Competitor Analyses
- Identify your external and internal competitors.
- Conduct the competitor analyses.
- Update your list Unique Selling Points.
- Identify potential objections. GO/NO GO
Establish the Value of What You Sell
- Neutralize, prevent, preempt, and respond to potential objections.
- Focus the topics of conversation on your Unique Selling Points (USPs).
- Identify the signs caused by your USPs’ missing Advantages and Benefits.
- Confirm the problems caused by the missing USPs.
- Quantify their costs of not having your USPs to establish the value of the solution.
- Set your USPs as specifications that must be met to solve the problems.
- Competitor Proof with Benefits Questions.
- Complete the interviews with key decision makers. GO/NO GO
- Validate any cost-benefit data that used industry standards.
Complete the Logistics Steps
- Advise and get agreement on “Next Steps” to advance the sale.
- Outline feedback loops, milestones, measurements, and follow up process.
- Develop product/service delivery phase-in plans.
- Determine product/service availability. GO/NO GO
- Complete required pre-purchase approvals. GO/NO GO
- Exchange any additional data, specifications, or financial information.
- Identify and prepare Recommenders to be your champions.
Propose, Present, and Negotiate
- Prepare and submit the Customer Value Proposition (CVP).
- Conduct sales presentation using the CVP format.
- Prospect affirms your ability to meet criteria. GO/NO GO
- Conclude final negotiations.
- Final budget approval received. GO/NO GO
- Contract signed, or letter of engagement received.
- Customer notifies current supplier(s).
Deliver Your Products & Services
- Identify and arrange to meet any critical support people.
- Identify specific End Users involved in the project.
- Conduct quality checks of the product and service delivery.
Manage Your Account
- Implement sales activities to competitor proof and grow the account.
- Know the signs your account is in trouble before it’s too late.
Copyright 2019, Sales Training International, All rights reserved.